our natures drag us down, and usually the more a man enjoys
Tom reddened. He still retained for her some of his youthful awe.
"I can't do the honours of hospitality as I'd wish to," he went on; "I can't give you anything like the pies you used to give me."
"You stole most of 'em," said Euphrasia.
"I guess that's so," said young Tom, laughing, "but I'll never taste pies like 'em again as long as I live. Do you know, Euphrasia, there were two reasons why those were the best pies I ever ate?"
"What were they?" she asked, apparently unmoved.
"First," said Tom, "because you made 'em, and second, because they were stolen."
Truly, young Tom had a way with women, had he only been aware of it.
"I never took much stock in stolen things," said Euphrasia.
- all the inhabitants came down to the beach to see us pitch
- to say. “Give ‘em hell, Harry!” people would shout,
- have sinned, and certainly babies haven’t—but Adam
- Why did you create two sexes? Was this the only way you
- mud-banks as the tide falls. They occasionally possess
- Many people believe if they ask in Jesus’ name, You will
- God. The God of Gods. You know—the top guy, the chief
- day-to-day life on Earth. God knows, something has to change.
- and one man even sent us a cask of cider as a present.
- moment. I am the glory of its fulfillment. I am the feeling
- There was actually a “time” before that “time”
- sun? Up? Down? No! Over there, to the left. So now, suddenly,
- one of our party was unable anywhere to purchase either
- which path to take, which answer to give, which action
- These are common occurrences, and some of the more obvious
- Yes, Me. Your soul is Me, and it knows it. What it is doing,
- He ducked rapidly, almost touching the muddy water with
- You can therefore neither have worldly success nor more
- And keep on deciding what you want to become in the next
- Always I want to place at the top of my list of acknowledg-ments
- Korak fast was becoming but a memory. That he was dead
- What?— Only kidding—just doing a little mind reading,
- life—every waking moment—sharing Eternal Truth with
- Yet do not choose sex instead of love, but as a celebration
- than the manners of these people. They generally began
- He arose out of your Collective Consciousness, and could
- It does. And when you do also, you often experience one
- You are a Divine Being, capable of more than one experience
- He paused for a moment, hoping to be able to lower the
- I am never not with you. You are simply not always aware.
- which leads to experience. This can produce constant joy
- Also—and I hate to suggest this because it sounds so
- resources were at an end; it must be another's work to
- ending, and multi-layered. It is all happening “right
- all of their heirs and descendants to separation from God
- Because there will always be some who break the rules.
- Even as he realized the fact, the quarry vanished, and
- have you ever walked into a room where the “air was so
- involved in your physical life. You’ve paid very little
- through which you discover—remember—that you are worthy
- in water. He just managed to get in under the sluice gate
- Throughout history you have had remarkable teach-ers, each
- things as well as small; heavier things as well as light;
- inherited their guilt, as well as their sinful natures.
- their terrible ordeals in the untracked jungle to the south;
- one. For if humans do not change some of their Sponsoring
- Forever is longer than you know. Eternal is longer than
- But if there is no end to smallness, that means there is
- resting the electric lamp upon one of the little ebony
- Had enough? Wait! Here’s the ultimate guilt. You should